Sometimes I look in the mirror and think ‘I wonder what I’d look like if I shaved my head?’ No I’m not having a Britney style crisis I’m just a curious cat, always have been always will be. As curious as I am, I’m also one to ponder before I act. Don’t get me wrong I do have my bouts of spontaneity (I once cut my arse length hair to above my shoulders in one chop!) but they are within my limits therefore my hair-dreams is usually where my curiosity lays.
With that said, here are 5 styles that I keep stored in the ‘Fantasy Cuts/Colours’ pile…
- The Pixie Cut: A style made famous by the one and only Twiggy and the ever charming Mia Farrow. It would have to be a cut that has resonated with me for a while but have never had the cahones to do. Why? Well, I’m not a massive fan of my ears. They don’t stick out but they are a tad pointy and I am not willing to be compared to one of Santa’s little helpers anytime soon.
- The Lavender Hue: The ‘It’ colour of the moment as seen on the likes of Kelly O & Nicole Richie. Lavender has always been one of my favourite colours but I’m also one to change my mind like the wind so I know for a fact that after two weeks I would get over it. All in all it’ll be a waste of my time and money.
- The Fairy Floss: Another colour that is in vogue however, only really looks good on the fairer ladies and with dark brown hair and eyes I think I’ll have to sadly pass. Plus the up keep would be mental and I am way too lazy for all that fuss!
- The Sex Drugs and Rock&Roll: This do makes me want to only wear leather and old band t-shirts that I found lying around on my bedroom floor, but alas the Jiminy Cricket sitting on my shoulder swiftly whispers “make sure you have your GHD on standby, this haircut is going need some serious styling”. I begrudgingly agree; that little bastard is always right!
- The Mia Wallace: I’ve had hair envy for this cut ever since I first laid eyes on Uma as Mia in the classic Tarantino flick Pulp Fiction. It’s just so cool and chic and effortless… Well looks effortless, anyone who knows me also knows that my hair has superhuman growing powers. It may sound awesome but for someone who loves short hair it sucks, big time!! When my hair was short I was at the hairdressers every 2-3 weeks (no exaggeration) so this style is just not going to cut it for me (pun intended).
At the end of the day getting yo hair did should make you feel fabulous not riddled with fear. My Joey Ramone/ Stevie Nicks circa 1970’s cut will have to remain the same for a little while longer and for once in my life I’m okay with that, call it maturity. My mum will be so proud.